The TOP Update is the annual continuing education requirement for TOP trained individuals. Beginning in the training cycle (July 1- June 30 each year) after completing the TOP Initial training, participants must take the TOP Update and pay an $80 annual fee by June 30 each year to maintain their TOP trained status.
The TOP Update is a facilitated video-based class that will normally take about 2 hours. The Update can be facilitated by any SC Registered Forester and is often offered by mills and wood dealers for their wood suppliers and contractors.
2022 TOP Update
- Many mills, wood dealers, and others will host TOP Update classes -- check with your wood supply contacts for information about upcoming training.
- The Forestry Association and SC Forestry Commission will host a number of training classes which will be posted here as they are scheduled.
- The TOP Update classes will include live video conference, in-person training, and online options.
Take the TOP Update Online Anytime
You can take the on-demand training through the Team Safe Trucking online learning portal at https://teamsafe.talentlms.com/.
You will need to set up a free account to log in, then search the course catalog for “TOP Update 2022” to take the class on your own at any time.
- Log in at the Team Safe Trucking learning portal. Create a free account if you do not already have one.
- In the Team Safe Trucking search bar enter “TOP Update 2022” to select this course.
- Be sure to take only this course. More than 115 other courses are also available on this system.
- Enroll and Start the course “TOP Update 2022.” Click on the video begin playing.
- After each video click on “Completed. Let’s continue” and complete the quiz for that section.
- Complete all 6 video units and quizzes. When the Final Survey is done you will be able to print your certificate.
Scheduled TOP Updates
All classes begin at 10:00 am at the SC Forestry Commission office for each location, please contact TOP Director Guy Sabin at email@example.com or 803-798-4170 to register.
Renew your current TOP Status by completing the TOP Update and paying an $80 annual renewal fee.
FACILITATOR TRAINING MATERIALS
Training materials for the 2022 TOP Update may be downloaded at no charge. The Facilitator’s Guide includes instructions and forms for providing the Update. You will also need ONE of the video files, each video includes the entire Update in different file sizes and formats. For best results download the video file to your computer.
NOTE: The Update must be facilitated by a SC Registered Forester or person approved by the TOP Committee. Facilitators may receive credit for classes they provide, but cannot be self-administered.
The TOP Update training materials can also be ordered for $50. This package includes the forms, instructions, and discussion guides for providing the TOP Update with choice of video files on USB drive or DVD.